Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation







Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation is amazing, in so many ways.  Let's start with the positives first ok.... 

First I have never been a make up girl, especially liquid foundation.  I always thought It made me look dead, shiny but dead.  Wet but dead.  Plan and simple, I was never about that life!!  For the past ten plus years I have been wearing the same MAC pressed powder, same shade and all.  For years MAC was good to me, consistent every time no matter what concealer I used my MAC never failed me.  The only downfall was that my skin is so sensitive that if I wore anything for more than a couple hours, my face would start to itch and I would immediately break out.  One day I came across this review on the new Urban decay foundation and the girl raved about the product.  She talked about how nice and light it was and how perfect it was for her sensitive skin so of course I couldn't wait to try it.   She also raved about the brush that is meant to be use with the new foundation, giving you flawless coverage, natural coverage.   I was a little hesitant at first because of the way I felt about liquid foundations but the product junkie in me could not wait to try it.  So one day after work I rushed to my nearest Sephora.  Did I mention I love Sephora, you can buy and sample anything there and if it doesn't work for you you can return it no questions asked!  Ok back to it, so the young lady at Sephora didn't waste any time matching me.  My shade is 11.0.  I was more happy to find out that the price was cheaper then I thought it was, but a little disappointed they did not have the brush.  Lucky for me Sephora has their own brand of just about every name brand product that they sale.  The brush they suggested was the same as the Urban Decay brush and it cost about the same. SAVE!! HAPPY AGAIN!!  I paid $38 for the foundation and $26 for the brush.



The foundation felt amazing going on, the brush was soft.  It was simple.  The shade was just right and the coverage was flawless, not cakey.  I didn't look dead or shiny.  It was light, like I was wearing nothing at all.  I didn't have to use concealer.  No irritation, no itching.  Perfect right!!  So of course ladies, when we think we cute we go to snapping pictures.  Please do not adjust your screen, what you are about to see is real!!

Without the camera flash...






With the camera flash....





Ladies I could not believe my eyes, I'm thinking LAWD!! WHY!!  It was so perfect NOT!!!  Crazy because I wanted to love it so much but what if someone caught me with a flash.  If you know me then you know I run from the cameras already.  So needless to say I will be returning Urban Decay, I am not about that LIFE!!  I will keep the brush, that is all....

If you've ever experienced this, please let me know is there any way around it?  A finisher of some kind, something?  Until next time....



Live for Love...

1 comment:

  1. your blog is adorable! wow i have never seen a foundation by itself produce a halo effect before. usually this happens when you use more HD setting powder than you need. its usually invisible so its kinda hard to see it going on plus a little bit goes a looong way so its very easy to use too much. it looks great in most lighting. no one would be able to notice it but because most hd powders are made of silica, a flash from a camera can make it reflect light like street reflectors on the highway in the middle of the night. im baffled as to how on earth a foundation by itself can do that;) great blog!

    ReplyDelete