Monday, October 22, 2012

My Regimen

I know you guys are wondering when am I going to finally get to the reviews right???  Trust me I'm getting there, I just want to set the stage.  I want to give you an idea of what my hair is like before I start cranking out all these reviews because like I said before, some things that may work for me may not work for you.

So washing and conditioning should be easy right?  Wrong!!  Not for a person with natural hair. 
Although I like to use different products, like conditioners, leave-in and other stylers, the regimen is always about the same. Wash day is usually once a week, I try to do it every Saturday or Sunday and if I'm really in a good mood Wednesday to.  It usually goes something like this...

  • Shampoo (except for winter time)
  • Condition (to detangle)
  • Deep condition
  • Leave in
  • Styler  (gels, butters, pomades, etc)
And in that order...(in my Mama Dee voice)

I say shampooing except for winter time because you want to keep as much moisture in your hair as possible during the cold winter months.  Shampoo, even if sulfate free can strip your hair.  So instead I will wash or as they say in the natural community co-wash, with a conditioner of my choice.  Sometimes it may be necessary to shampoo depending on what type of products you use during the week and the type of build up you may have.  Which leads me to the next thing about shampooing, in the winter time I try to use products that don't have silicone.  Silicone's can build up on your hair, forming a barrier which makes it hard for your products to penetrate your hair shaft.  Some silicone's are water soluble so no shampoo is needed.  Hope this helps! 



Live for Love...


No comments:

Post a Comment